What do you need to tell your students each day? What do they need to hear from you, their teacher?
1. “I expect you to ______.” When you tell them your expectations, they have a guideline to follow. Children need structure and feel safe when there are guidelines to follow.
2. “I see greatness in you that’s waiting to get out. Don’t hold it in any longer. Go shine! Be fully YOU. Our world needs YOU.”
3.“I am really excited for you to rock….to excel in…..”
4. “I admire / love who you are. (Tell them specifically what you admire about them.) You are free to be YOU!”
5. “I am so blessed to have you as my student.”
6. “You are a blessing to me.”
7. “You will be a blessing to___speak to those they may serve or help in a future career___. You are needed.”
8. “You are so good at…..”
9. “You are unbelievable!”
10. “You are unstoppable!”
Now, I would love to hear from you. Which affirmation can you say today to your students? The school day gets busy. Think of five students who you can bless today with your words of life, and go say it!
Are there any other affirmations that you love saying to your students? Leave a comment below and let me know. Remember, share as much detail as possible in your reply. So many amazing moms, dads, grandparents, and teachers come here for insight and motivation, and your story may help someone else have a meaningful breakthrough.
Important: Share your thoughts and ideas directly in the comments. Keep your comments positive, as no bad attitudes are allowed here. Nor is judgment or criticism allowed. We are here to cheer each other on in this amazing teaching journey together. Links to other posts, videos, etc. will be removed.
It’s important that you hear this: Don’t hesitate to say these words of encouragement as they will mean more to your students than you will ever know. Your words are not just for this moment in your classroom; your words bless their future.
With enormous love,